Saturday, July 9, 2011

On My Way

I have finally started my journey ! I am sitting in the San Francisco airport with a five hour layover and am trying to stay awake.


It all started at 3:20 this morning when I got up to drive to the airport in Colorado Springs. Our flight left at 6:30 am.


At the airport I met up with the two other interns from Colorado and the Assistant Director of the Office of Global programs from UCCS who flew out to San Francisco with us. I spent as much time sleeping as I could but planes are cramped and I couldn't stretch out or lean on anything (I was in an aisle seat). I decided then and there that I am requesting an exit row and window seat on the next flight! I need to be able to stretch my legs out and sleep- especially since the next flight is going to be looooong and boring (12 hours!) to Seoul. Once we got to San Francisco he had to run and catch another flight and we thought we were going to get a chance to go out to the city! But it turns out we weren't going to have enough time.

We will be pulling into the village in Daegu at about 8:00 PM on Sunday night which will be at around 5:00 AM Colorado time. I will have been traveling for 24 hours straight! It's crazy to think about. I'm already so tired I think I'm going to curl up on an airport bench and take a nap! 

I have had a great past couple of weeks with my photography! I learned how to use full manual mode and have been playing with some different kinds of pictures. Namely, night photography. I loved getting pictures of the fireworks on the fourth and last night we had an epic lightning storm and so I tried to get some pictures of that as well.







1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures Nicole! I bet you have been having fun :) Will be thinking of you and hope your flight goes safely! Do they sell advil pm at the airport? You could take some to help sleep on your flight.

    ReplyDelete